He left for camp wanting a "new" bedroom. We talked about what he wanted. He left me with a list.
2. Dog bed's for Granger & Daisy
3. Neutrals (I just love this kid!)
How in the heck was I going to pull this rabbit out of a hat? Well friends, here is my layman's interpretation (i.g. Max's new room)...
Here's the low-down.
1. Restoration Hardware Kids was my inspiration
2. Many elements in the room came from Ikea: duvet covers. curtains, wall desk organizer, desk lamp, above bed lights, ceiling light, picture frames, rugs & closet dressers
3. Husband built the dog beds out of scrap lumber. I spray painted and stenciled the dogs names using a pack of stencils from Home Depot. We also put casters on the dog beds. The beds are lined with old twin pillows and the NY shams are from PBTeens.
4. The large B&W football print is from PBTeen
5. The desk is from Target
6. The desk chair is from Home Decorators
7. The dresser/nightstand was my grandmothers and the chalk board I already owned
8. The football holder is a towel rack from Target, spray painted
9. Curtain rods are plumbing pipe & there is also a room darkening roller shade that was custom cut to fit by Home Depot
10. I made the headboards using artist canvas & drop cloth. Tutorial here
11. The M & B are Max's initials but his best friend's name happens to start with a B so it worked out great. I painted them to look zinc, using this tutorial here
12. The curtains of course were not long enough, so I bought an additional ikea duvet cover ($20) and attached panels at the bottom to lengthen them.
Next up...the playroom. Stay tuned!!