I've been on the web today reading about the do's & dont's (how do u write this word?) of a conference and how to stand out. So far I have more check marks in the don't category. So, you will need to look for me...
1. Look for me, my business cards are uninspiring. They are not odd shaped and do not contain bright colors. Blah.
2. Look for me, I don't have an elevator pitch. Hell, I can't remember to brush my teeth most days. I sure as hell do not know what my blog is about.
3. Look for me, I am terrible with names. Really terrible. Ask people I have known for decades, I still can't remember their names.
4. Look for me, I don't play the accordion. I am too shy to demand that kind of spotlight, stand-out attention.
5. Look for me, I will be the one with the grey hair roots. My next dye job is not until the Monday after the conference...because that's how I plan.
6. Look for me, I will be the one trying to dress up black yoga pants because nothing else fits and I refuse to walk into a Lane Bryant.
7. Look for me, I will be the one limping. Yesterday, I slipped on ice (in front of the Dollar Store, no less). When I fell, I hit my head which triggered a killer migraine. Then later that night, my Beagle knocked over a lamp. In my rush to check out the commotion, I stepped on the broken lightbulb. Barefoot. Yes, people I can not make this stuff up.
So, what's a blogger to do?
Wish me luck!