This was my first attempt at making resin jewelry. I was surprised at how easy it was and how cute it turned out. I plan on giving these to Max's special Valentine friends (i.e. girlfriends, teachers etc.).
Here's the scoop:
1. Buy this ebook. I followed the instructions exactly but screwed up my first batch on the steps that suggest adding glitter to the back. It was a "hot mess" but then again I am craft challenged. So, I made another batch and just left off the last couple of finishing steps. No big deal. I am happy with the finished product.
2. I bought everything I needed from Hobby Lobby. The resin, molds and bales are with the candle making and tiles. The sprinkles are with the birthday/cake stuff. The ball chains are with the jewelry beads etc.
3. Allow lots of time for drying and setting.
4. After you have allowed them to "set". Then you can add rings or bales (for necklaces).
5. Enjoy! These would be really cute with photographs, letter beads, stickers...really the sky is the limit. Be sure to watch the video links & tutorials at the bottom of this post. They will help you to understand resin and give you some more ideas.
Here's my work:
This one is mine :)
Good Luck!! If you decide to make your own, please post pictures to my Facebook Page!
Skinner Studio: How to embed paper into resin
If you want to buy them & not make them: Little Cupcakes Co.
Two Kitties and a Video - Really GREAT
Little Birdie Secrets
John W. Golden Part 1 Video
I am participating in