My Home My Style

Myhome
I actually could have done without the cheesy models on the cover!


I love receiving "Premier Issues". I love Decor Magazine & Books. My name is Beachbrights and I am a Decor Book-Aholic.

I signed up to receive this complimentary issue of My Home My Style. I am a big fan of Work Bench Magazine (you can read my Going Green Spotlight) which is published under the same group, August Home. I love a magazine that gives you great ideas, basic instructions and is simple to follow. I guess you could say I am a sucker for an easy DIY project.

There are not a lot of bells & whistles in this magazine. The illustrations are helpful, materials list are resourceful and there are no advertisements. I can't figure this last one out but I like it!

Here are a couple of the projects that got my attention:

Cute "fold away" table. 
Myhome_0001

I love projects that make life easier!
Myhome_0002

Here is an example of how the instructions are laid out. This is for turning a door into a desk. I did this project here (without the tutorial).
Myhome_0003


This is an inexpensive project ($20 or less). I love how they used PVC pipe to create this wine bottle holder. Brilliant!
Myhome_0004


Again, a project that is practical and makes life easier. This is a very DOABLE project for all skill levels.
Myhome_0005

As you can see there is really something for everyone and every budget. The magazine has 63 pages without advertisements.

XOXO-

Ps. August Home, you really need to get on the social media bandwagon. Use your Twitter Account, Facebook Page and DIY-Decor Bloggers like me!  No need to sell me, I love you already and use your products. I make a great partnerships :)

8 comments:

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Awesome ideas, Yeah the models are cheesy!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

i just signed up for my trial issue! i love home decor and DIY magazines. I'm a bit of an addict... :)

Tammy said...

Love that fold down table and the words over the coat cubby.
How was blissdom for you?
tammy

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the little mudroom. :) I love magazines and books like this, and I agree--the models were overkill. ;) Stop by if you have a chance today. I have a Giveaway going on for my new look. :)

elizabeth said...

i got mine last week in the mail too and thought "why did they use cheesey models" too -
Hope you had a fun weekend in nashville.

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

Thanks for sharing this. I just ordered a free copy too. Wonder how they are doing it with no advertising?

mysteryhistorymom said...

I received my free copy in the mail but have not had a chance to look at it yet. I thought the same thing about the models- ewwwwww! I can't wait to look inside, though. I am addicted to magazines and books!! Lori

Anny said...

I like that wine bottle holder too! I love magazines that are useful and actually show projects anyone can do :)