I have this dark back staircase that I wanted to have a little fun with. Oh boy! This project took forever.
1. I taped, then got to re-tape thanks to a really cute Doodle.
2. I did not sand. I used an oil base primer, one coat.
3. I used a white base coat, 2 coats.
4. I had hubby do the math and make me a stencil.
5. I traced the stencil on the stairs.
6. I taped the chevron stripes.
7. I sealed the tape with the white base coat.
8. I painted the stripes with the black paint, 2 coats.
9. I removed the tape.
10. Did a few touch-ups.
I got smarter & used a baby gate!