I have had several emails asking about my Ikea appliances. So, I thought that this warranted its very own post. When I was appliance shopping I went to Home Depot, Lowes, Sears & Best Buy. Home Depot & Lowes sometimes has great prices on appliances that have been returned or when a special order goes wrong etc. So, I was shopping the bargains. I found several great deals but then it was always a hassle. They would not load or deliver etc. etc. So I gave up and ventured over to Sears. I felt that the prices were high and deliver was going to cost me around $500. No shit. Also, several of the appliances I was interested in had to be special ordered. The salesmen work on commission and one day "my guy" would be there, the other day he would not. It was just a pain. This leads me to Best Buy. WHAT. A. JOKE. I don't know how these places stay in business. I waited around for a full hour for someone to help me. Then the manager sent the kid from cameras to help me. Yes, you guessed it. I walked out of there vowing to never return.
Enter IKEA. It was easy. It was fast. Everything is in stock. Deliver was $30 (including all the cabinets). It was priced right. After about a 15 minute wait, I had the BEST sales person in the world helping me pick my appliances.
Some facts about Ikea Appliances:
1. What's online is in the stores. In-stock. Can you say "same day!!!"?
2. Ikea appliance are made by Whirlpool.
3. Ikea appliances come with a 5 year warranty.
4. I did have an issue with my stove. The clock was not keeping time correctly. I called the 800 number that came with my paperwork (it was actually Whirlpool). They sent A&E appliance repair to my house within 2 days. The repair man had to order a part that arrived at my house within 2 days and he came back on the third day and replace the clock. It cost me nada.
5. It has been six months and my refrigerator water filter needs to be replaced (at least that is what the indicator light tells me). I am not sure where to buy one. I will have to research it but I am not worried.
My appliance costs:
1. Refrigerator $1399: This is counter depth. I dare you to find a refrigerator that is counter depth for this price.
(this is not MTV cribs and yes, I drink wine from a box. we are just classy like that.)
2. Dishwasher $649: I am telling you, you can fit anything and everything in this baby. I have never owned a dishwasher that can take this many dishes. My only complaints; for the money, I would expect it to be quieter and the silverware basket could be taller.
Built-in Microwave $649: I love the look of this little beauty. It's a little complicated to use. I have to post a cheat sheet inside the cabinet door above.
(that's the "cheat sheet" taped inside the cabinet door so I know how to operate this bad boy!)
Ceramic Glass Top Slide-in Range $799: I think the oven cooks a little high. But then again I tend to over cook everything anyway. But this is my story & I am sticking to it ;)
There you go. My 2 cents. I will forever shop Ikea appliance.