I changed my Facebook Profile picture to this today. It expresses how I felt about my day. More importantly it seals the deal on how I feel about my exterior paint choices.
I knew that picking these colors was going to be difficult for me. I must have caused this fate with all my negative feelings (not that I believe in all that cosmic crap). Thank goodness for a patient painter and one that is getting paid by the hour (Ha!). So, here is the quick version of what's going on...
1. My happy pills went missing
2. Choice #5 won with overwhelming majority (even tho the red door was popular)
3. After the black was painted on the door, it has a purple hue to it
4. The grey siding color "fights" the warm tones in the house
5. The "whiter" trim color, the painter feels is too white
Here's #5 again...
Here's a picture of this with my new iPhone (thanks babe!)...
Do you "see" the tug-o-war between the cool grey and warm brown brick?
Here's another picture with part of the old yellow vinyl starting to get new grey paint. Do you see the new black door? Yes, it does look dark :(
So, this leads me to a new color...
Sand Dollar #6099 for trim/siding
Maybe one of these for the front door...
My painter arrives back in the morning. I have 4 samples for him to paint. Then we will decide. We have also limited the new colors to two; the door will be one and the trim/siding will be one.
This house is just too brown for this black & white girl!!!!!