12 Drinks of Christmas

This is the 12 Days of Christmas I'm talking about!  This article is from Coastal Living December/January 2010 (pages 106-109).

Drinks_0001

2. Happy Elf
1 ounce melon liqueur
2 ounces citrus vodka
1 ounce white cranberry juice

Combine in an ice filled shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass. Add cherries. Makes 1 cocktail.


Drinks_0002

6. Candy Cane Martini
1 1/4 ounces vanilla vodka
1 1/4 ounces white creme de cacao
3/4 ounces peppermint schnapps

Combine in an ice filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with peppermint candy. Makes 1 cocktail.

Drinks_0003

12. Holiday Mojito
3 teaspoons (rounded) marinated cranberries**
3 lime wedges
3 orange wedges
3 fresh mint leaves
1 1/2 ounces rum
1 ounce orange bitters
1 ounce cranberry juice
1 ounce fresh orange juice
1 ounce mint syrup**

Rub a lime wedge around rim of a glass and dip in sparkling sugar. Place marinated cranberries in glass; muddle until berries are crushed. Add lime, oranges and mint. Muddle all these ingredients together. Stir in rum, orange bitters, juices and mint syrup. Add cracked ice and top with club soda. Stir. Makes 1 cocktail.

**Marinated Cranberries
Cover fresh cranberries with orange flavored rum for 2 days to 2 weeks.

**Mint Syrup
Combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cups fresh mint in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain and chill until ready to use. Make 1 1/2 cups.


{Hiccup} Enjoy {Hiccup} XOXO-

4 comments:

katherinemarie said...

ohhhhhh those sound a good as they look!!!!! I love the name HAPPY ELF... isn't this such a grand {happy} time of the year??

Thanks for always sharing all your amazing inpiration. :):)

Unknown said...

Hi! My husband accidentally threw away my copy of this, and I have been desperately scouring the web for these recipes ever since. Is there any chance you might consider emailing those scanned copies to me?

Unknown said...

Hillary-
I can't because you have left me know way to contact you :(

Please consider linking your profile with an email address. Check out this tutorial:
http://ellebowsandmore.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-heart-comments.html

Hopefully, you will see this comment and get back to me :)

Unknown said...

Eeek, I'm sorry, when I posed the comment, it asked if I wanted it linked to my email address and I said yes. Either way, my address is hillarymlmatgmaildotcom. Does that make sense to you?