Chevron Stairs, Black and White


I have this dark back staircase that I wanted to have a little fun with. Oh boy! This project took forever.

1. I taped, then got to re-tape thanks to a really cute Doodle.
2. I did not sand. I used an oil base primer, one coat.
3. I used a white base coat, 2 coats.
4. I had hubby do the math and make me a stencil.
5. I traced the stencil on the stairs.
6. I taped the chevron stripes.
7. I sealed the tape with the white base coat.
8. I painted the stripes with the black paint, 2 coats.
9. I removed the tape.
10. Did a few touch-ups.
11. Done.

photo7

photo6

photo5

photo4

photo3
I got smarter & used a baby gate!

photo2

photo1

XOXO-
Beachbrights

6 comments:

gina said...

WOW! Looks great!!

z said...

That looks so awesome!
Kianabates.blogspot.com

Katrina at Seaside Interiors said...

So creative...looks wonderful!
www.seasideinteriors.ca

stefi said...

holy moly! that looks fantastic - but it must have been very exhausting to get all the lines and all that tape on the stairs.
i'm deeply impressed! :)
STEFI from germany

chrissi said...

looks amazing. i love it!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a staircase so I could replicate it! I'm pretty sure I'd smile every time I looked up at it.