How to Fill a Wall with DIY Art

IMG_4008

I needed a focal point.  Kinda a "lesser or two evils" focal point.  Please excuse the wall color and the "hot mess" of a living room.  I do things backwards. I hang art only to have to take it down to paint the walls. I am living in a combobulated state.

Here's my inspiration:

Cottage_Living_NovemberDecember_2008_page_112
Credit: Cottage Living

What you need:
Canvases (I used 24"x24")
Compass
Paint (I just used poster paint)
Sharpie
Math skills

IMG_4006

IMG_4005

This is my craft room. It's a mess. Why did I think it was a good idea to make this room the first room you see when you walk into my house? Sheesh!  I promise to blog about this craft room soon!!

My "I am still in the middle of remodeling/decorating" living room. I told you I needed a new focal point! Just keep'n it real :)
IMG_4009

Anyone know of a good trim carpenter / handyman in Houston?

~XOXO~

Also check out this DIY Tutorial with Posters...


Today's Creative Blog

6 comments:

Inspire Me Heather said...

It does make a great focal point - I like it!

Turley Times said...

Uh oh, you lost me at "math skills"... :) Just kidding. It looks great! So bold.

Hannah

Cori@WhereYouHangYourHeart.com said...

That is just stunning! I like the black and white much better than the yellow that was your inspiration. Thanks for sharing this how-to!

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Really looks wonderful!

km said...

Incredible!!! and the reason you put that room FIRST is because it is the most important room in the house!! :):) My craft room is my kitchen! I have one in our lower level... but I never go downstairs to use it... so it's GOOD that yours is CLOSE!

AK-Magnolia House said...

Love it!!
AK