What did you do?

What did you do for Memorial Day? Did you hang a flag? Attend a BBQ? Write a red, white and blue post?  I took a 6 hour car ride and bitched the entire time. I thought about posting some kind of inspiring military type picture with some kind of inspiring quote but I did not feel worthy. You see, we know sacrifice to some degree. Byron was military for many years but the military was good to us, so I don't feel this need to post an awe inspiring image. It is a part of who we are/were.

Sometimes I feel so self-centered, like I am always looking for the next thing and not stopping to notice the things I have now, life is passing me by - at warp speed. Yesterday, I stopped. I stopped and breathed and reflected and slowed down. I hugged my son a little tighter and when Byron was late coming home from work, I did not let it bother me. I rolled with the punches yesterday. Thank you Elizabeth & Cory.




~XOXO~


2 comments:

Angie said...

Just read about Corey. Thank you for sharing this. I've been having a tough time lately with the kids growing up to fast. I think i've been so focused on that happening that I haven't been present.

Scientific Housewife said...

I thought her post was inspirational as well. I attended a cookout but I tried not to forget why that day was so special.