Top 10 Home & Garden Books For 2009

This list was compiled by Amazon and ranked by customer orders. Not really what I thought would be on the list.  Do you own any of these books?

1. 1Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals by Temple Grandin


2. 2 Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts: An A-to-Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration by Martha Stewart Living Magazine


3. 3Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities by Amy Stewart


4.   4Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know by Alexandra Horowitz

5. 5Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-of-a-Kind Socks
Cookie A.

6. 6The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year Round Vegetable Production Using Deep Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses by Eliot Coleman


7. 7The Backyard Homestead: Produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre! by Carleen Madigan


8. 8  Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits and Wendy D. Johnson


9. 9Not So Big Remodeling: Tailoring Your Home for the Way You Really Live by
Sarah Susanka


10. 10How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Cesar Millan

I'd say there was a lot of naughty puppies and cold feet in 2009!

XOXO

7 comments:

Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts said...

I have diligently wrote the names of these books ( those I have not read) and will march to my library and see what they offer and order the rest on Amazon then I will give them to the library.

Best Regards,

fairfieldhouse said...

Hmm, home and garden top rated books? Seems to be three categories: dogs, socks and gardens. (As in put socks on your dog while he's digging in the garden to prevent dirty paws!)
I am new to blogging but discovered yours on Twice Remembered blog roll. Glad I stopped by and will be doing so often. Your blog and photography are beautiful.
Happy New Year!

elizabeth said...

kinda surprised those made the list - not what I expected either.

Tammy at Tattered and Timeless said...

Not what I expected..but then our dog passed and he was a good doggie. I don't knit though I wish I did. And I do garden.

I just ordered about $150 worth of books off of amazon to carry me through the depressing winter months. But mine were all home decor:
Thrifty Chic: Interior style
New Farmhouse Style
Atlanta Bartlett
The New Rachel Ashwell book

nice chatting with you-
tammy
gotta say I am loving my bag you made. It was very handy being so large - I carried all the parent gifts over to their house on Christmas and they all awed over how nice it was.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Wow...I didn't know 2009 was so...lame.(?) Surely they could have compiled a better list! This isn't even a true list, there's more than 1 genre! I sure don't own anything about weeds or killing Abe Lincolns mother. Are you serious?? Who writes this stuff?? haha

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

That's funny...socks?

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

Great gift ideas for the New Year!