Neighborhood Art Party FUN!


What a great, sunny day for an ART PARTY! Byron and I went to Home Depot and bought 1x2 pieces of wood and painter's canvas drop cloth. Saturday, Byron cut and pieced together frames and I stretched the drop cloth around the frames and stapled it! They turned out perfect. I also bought some smaller "ready" made packages of canvases for some extra painting. Max and I made invitations and dropped them at the front doors of our neighborhood friends...the party was all set for Sunday at 2:30! This was Max's first party...he kept asking if it was his birthday (so cute!).

Byron cutting the wood into frames, he then glued, nailed and stapled the frames.



I then laid the frames on the canvas drop cloth and cut out squares. I then pulled and stretched the canvas and stapled it in place. Each canvas cost about $8 for a 2'x2' size frame.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday morning I cleaned out the garage and rolled out newspaper print paper (contact your newspaper for the extra rolls of print. They are free!) and taped it to the garage floor. I set out all the markers, crayons, glue and sponges. I also set up Max's little table for coloring books. I made fruit kabobs and popcorn for snacks. I stapled ribbon to the back of the canvases and wrapped them around the fence. I used plastic cups with ribbon tied around the fence for cleaning brushed and alluminum cupcake tins to hold the paint...the party was all set!


We moved the patio table around back for some extra shade. I set up a table with all the supplies and Max's little table for colorbooks.


This is the newspaper taped down to the floor. All the canvases hung perfectly on the fence and were at a great level for painting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kids had a blast! They started in the garage with markers and then they moved outside to painting. What little budding artist we have in our neighborhood! Max painted for a few seconds and then he was back to playing soccer!








What a fun project...fun friends and a fun day! I am worn out...

XOXO-

15 comments:

Unknown said...

This has to be the cutest and most creative thing I have ever seen! I love the huge canvases and having all the kids over. You thought of everything.
I'm equally as impressed with how incredibly clean your garage is. I can always dream...

Mary Lynn said...

One word - WOW!!! What an awesome idea and how fun. You are so creative. I loved seeing the pictures of the whole set up process. How great is Byron that he made all those frames. I bet Max had a great time. It is funny because I just spent last weekend going to three different Toys R Us stores to find art eisles for my girls to paint outside! My issue, of course, was they had to be pink! I found them - ha! Once again, I love the pics and project. Wow!!

Sarah said...

What a fantastic idea!

emily said...

what great party idea!!!! thanks for sharing!

Katherine Marie! said...

Talk about the PERFECT PARTY!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

Nicole A. said...

This is seriously one of the coolest ideas ever, So Fun! I bet the kiddos had such a blast!

Jen said...

What a fun project!

Kasey said...

What a neat idea. And you had the perfect fence to hang up the canvas.

ohAmanda said...

How incredibly fun! I want to do this!!

Dawn said...

that is fabulous! i need a fence like yours to hang 'em on though! :)

Unknown said...

This is the greatest thing. What a clever entertainment/activity/craft for the kids. LOVE IT!!!

Roeshel said...

What a fun time and something they'll remember!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

What a fantastic idea and execution! And so fun and sweet of you to offer it to your neighbors! Neat memories ... and maybe tradition? :-)

Nissa said...

What a great art party, it looks like all of the kids had a blast!

René said...

This is a fantastic idea! Never in a million years would I have thought of this. Thanks so much for sharing the link!

-Rene